Varicose veins, also known as spider veins are caused by the circulatory system’s reliance on your legs to help pump blood back up toward the heart for re-circulation.
When one of the values fails in this process, blood can seep back down toward the legs and pool there.
Over time, the pooling blood will cause the vein’s walls to bulge and become misshapen. They may end up showing through the skin with a knotty, bumpy appearance.
This is a varicose vein and typically they are only a cosmetic problem; however, they may end up causing aching, throbbing or burning pain sensations and even swell the lower leg and give it a feeling of heaviness.
watch this short video to learn more
How do you get rid of these unsightly veins?
There are treatments like surgery you can try, or you can go the natural route and try these home remedies.
- Exercise Regularly Exercise might not actually prevent spider veins from occurring, but most doctors agree that physical activity will lessen the chances, by improving circulation.
- Experts believe any type of exercise is helpful where your legs are pumping or moving, like walking, biking or aerobics for example.
- Lose Weight It may not always prevent spider veins from happening, but losing weight will make you more active and healthy in the long run. Along the same lines, eating a balanced and healthy diet will help maintain proper weight and give you nutrients that can help prevent varicose veins.
- Don’t Stay in One Position too Long You may run into problems when you sit or stand too long. The body is not made to stay in one position for an extended period of time, so when you are standing for long periods, have a seat for a while; and if you are sitting all day, get up and move around. Once you are home, elevate your legs above your heart if possible; this helps the blood to flow back toward your heart without the extra help from the leg muscles.
- Try a Varicose Vein Supplement You can also try a varicose vein supplement like Vein Health Support. It is a proven and effective way to treat varicose vein pain, helps with varicose vein removal and is an all-natural treatment. While you may not find it easy to prevent varicose veins, there are all-natural and easy ways to treat it and live a pain free life.